The sun on my face

The sun on my face
It has been a lot of years since this car has been out side

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

39,000 mile Superbird survivor (part 2) Long Time No See

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/t-shirt-1970-PLYMOUTH-SUPERBIRD-addiction-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cef9e297dQQitemZ330437634429QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise














Sitting in this garage with stuff stacked all over them were two of the coolest cars made.
The first car I had to get around was a 1968 Charger R/T. A low mileage 426 Hemi, 18 spline Hemi Box, and a Dana rear end. I recall the Charger was stripe delete with the R/T emblems on the rear quarters, no center console, maroon interior, black top, and a tunnel ram sticking through the hood. This car hasn't been out for years.
The second car hidden in this small dark garage was the "Blue Bird" as the owner called it. Covered in years of dirt, dust, boxes, and used for shelves for whatever did not fit on the floor was a 39,000 mile 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird. I did not see these cars again for almost 12 years and I don't think anyone else did either. Please read next post. "The Beat Goes On"

No comments: